“A music scholarship can, in some cases, be worth up to half the normal school fee…”
Does your son or daughter lack motivation to learn an instrument?
I offer tailor-made lessons to suit each child’s learning and ability so that…
- Individual problems can be tackled and solved quickly
- Specific goals can be obtained in a shorter amount of time
- Different learning types and personalities can be catered for (Kinaesthetic, visual and aural)
- Less time is required for topics already covered
- Stylistic preference can be taken into account and explored (Classical or Jazz grades)
- They obtain the results they need: music scholarship, Grade 5 instrument/theory, auditions etc.
"The criteria for scholarships will vary, but at 11-plus a standard of Grade 5 of the Associated Board in one or two instruments would not be unusual."
Do you hate having to remind them to practice?
I offer a more creative approach to teaching music theory so that...
- Lessons are more fun and engaging creating a stronger connection to the subject
- Students make informed decisions based on their own research and practice
- The education is more rounded providing a deeper understanding of style, genre, composition and harmony.
My name is Jimmy Cannon and I'm a singer, composer and educator with a passion for each! I am DBS checked, and have been teaching both young and slightly older for the past 20 years... I am currently the module leader for both Songwriting and Performance at London College of Creative Media (LCCM) BMus degree course, and recent teaching positions have included: Junior Trinity, Latymer Upper School, Streatham and Clapham High School, BIMM and Pilgrims School, Winchester.
If you’re interested in starting either your son or daughter on this musical journey, or indeed would like help encouraging them to start on this path once more, please get in touch to discuss private lessons in saxophone, piano, singing, and theory
Jimmy Cannon PG Dip TCML, FHEA
- ABRSM exams in saxophone, piano, singing, and theory
- GCSE Music syllabus
- Listening skills and musical perception
- Home visits including weekends
- DBS checked